Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"I'm new"


There is something you should know about me before you continue reading my blog. My name is Claire and I’m new.

It all started at IHOP, yes the International House of Pancakes. My mom was out of town so that left my dad and I breakfast-less which, of course, automatically equals IHOP— at least in my family. So, there we were… just me, my dad and the hostess. “Just two?” she clarified and then the usual, “follow me.” We did as we were instructed and followed her to a very vacant section of tables and booths. As she stopped to contemplate where in the world she would sit two people, she turned to us and said the magic words, “I’m new.”

Those two words excused any judgments we were in the process of making while she struggled with where to seat two people in a room of tables and booths that seated four or more. So, when you begin to pass judgments on my amateur blogging abilities, please, consider this… I’m new.

I love expressing myself in the form of writing and with as crazy a brain as mine is, written form is a much better candidate for getting my point across clearly. Hopefully, blogging on a regular basis, will be just what I need to get me motivated to write that book I’ve always said I was going to write… okay maybe I’m getting a little too much ahead of myself, but in any case I know that wherever this takes me it’s where I belong.

As my dad always says, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” So, I challenge you as my reader to get past the "I'm new" excuse and make the most of today because your future lies in the hands connected to your arms...just think about it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment