Sunday, February 6, 2011

He has a plan


“Everything happens for a reason.” 

Have you ever experienced it? You know, something happens causing a wide range of negative emotion, and then, it happens— an instance occurs that opens your eyes to the reason. Sometimes these reasons require patience as the fog still needs clearing, other times it’s not the foggy skies, but rather a pair of blurry eyes in need of corrective vision. And then, there are rare occasions, when you just know.  

Today was one of those days... the one where you just know.

Around 5pm today, I received the news that my mom’s oldest sister, my Aunt Dawn, passed away. When I heard the news I couldn’t believe it. I wanted to know everything, I wanted to understand, but most of all I just wanted to give my mom a hug and to be there for her. 

When I was finally able to talk to my mom a few hours later, she explained what had happened. My Aunt Dawn passed away during a CAT scan and the results showed additional complications that would have brought on more pain and suffering for her. 

So, yes, the Lord took my Aunt Dawn away today, but He took her somewhere better! He took her to be with Him and there is no better realization than that.

R.I.P. Aunt Dawn, I pray that you are in a happier place tonight and I thank the Lord for taking you out of all the pain you were in and were soon to endure.   

Psalm 9:9:
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment